The National Association of Railroad Passengers (NARP) reviewed the Passenger Rail Reform and Investment Act of 2015 (PRRIA 2015) introduced by the House Transportation & Infrastructure Committee, the NARP found many commonsense reforms but is concerned over the following issues:
- PRRIA Ignores Funding Question, Caps Capacity Improvements:
- PRRIA Fragments National Network
- PRRIA Shortchanges Equipment And Rolling Stock, Potentially Risking Safety
- PRRIA Defines Success Too Narrowly in Evaluating Routes
- PRRIA Proposes Untenable Food and Beverage Cuts
Click here for the full release from the NARP.